- Her face turned waxen.
- Bees filled the waxen cups with honey; he wore a jock strap with a metal cup; the cup of her bra.
- Nice to hold cool waxen fruit hold in the hand lift it to the nostrils and smell the perfume.
- The old man's waxen face was cold.
- Her face had turned waxen and was covered in sweat.
- She had pink-rimmed eyes and a waxen complexion.
- The poor face with the same awful waxen pallor-bram stoker; the soldier turned his waxlike features toward him; a thin face with a waxy paleness.