- Venerable oaks forms a sylvan archway.
- "You will be ashamed because of the sacred oaks in which you have delighted; you will be disgraced because of the gardens that you have chosen.
- The hard dry indehiscent fruit of oaks with a single large seed and a cuplike base.
- Large round-topped deciduous tree with spreading branches having narrow falcate leaves with deeply sinuate lobes and wood similar to that of northern red oaks; new jersey to illinois and southward.
- On the crown of the knoll where the oaks had stood now was bareness; and from there you could look out over the trees to the colliery railway and the new works at stacks gate.
- In these days the oaks shall burn in the forest glades and acorns shall burgeon on the lime trees'boughs.
- "I had not thought of this for us when I asked you to marry me. I had thought of life going on at twelve oaks as it had always done peacefully easily unchanging.
- Great oaks from little acorns grow.
- The short oaks bristled like metal pillars.
- Great oaks grow from little acorns.
- A black plant louse that lives on oaks and dogwoods.
- I won the manzanita oaks.you know that used to be a stakes race.
- The roots of oaks strike deep.
- Good people of oakey oaks.
- The spanish oaks were hung with patches of wine red the sumach was brilliant in the darkening underbrush.