- Carnivorous aquatic bug having paddle-like hind legs.
- Scraping its wings with its hind legs and smoothing them to its body as if they had been coat-tails;
- Insectivorous usually semiaquatic web-footed amphibian with smooth moist skin and long hind legs.
- Any of numerous tailless aquatic semiaquatic or terrestrial amphibians of the order anura and especially of the family ranidae characteristically having a smooth moist skin webbed feet and long hind legs adapted for leaping.
- The little fairy disappeared.when he jumped through the ring his hind legs was caught in the ring and he fell to the floor in a heap.he became lame!
- Collection is improved and achieved by engaging the hind legs with the joints bent and supple forward under the horse's body by a temporary but often repeated action of the seat and legs of the rider driving the horse forward towards a more or less stationary or containing hand allowing just enough impulsion to pass through.
- Remove the hind leg by cutting through the joint closest to the foot with a knife or saw.
- A dozen pellets had lodged themselves in his hind leg.
- Any small leaf beetle having enlarged hind legs and capable of jumping.
- Rearing on the left hind leg with the forelegs elevated the right above the left and usually with the head in profile.
- Large australian rat with hind legs adapted for leaping.
- The posterior part of a quadruped adjacent to the hind legs.
- Terrestrial plant-eating insect with hind legs adapted for leaping.
- They would prance on their hind legs making wild swipes in the air or tumbling over each other.
- Collection is consequently not achieved by shortening of the pace through a resisting action of the hand but instead by using the seat and legs to engage the hind legs further under the horse's body.