单词high and dry的英汉翻译
high and dry
1．up above the water；beyond the reach of splashing or waves在水面 之上；在水溅不到的地方 The fishermen dragged the boats up high and dry on the shore．渔 民们把船拖上岸来了。 When the tide went out the boat was high and dry．退潮后船就搁浅 了。 2．without anyone to help；alone and with no help孤立无援；与世 隔绝 Old Jack lost his pension and was left high and dry．杰克老头失去 了养老金，落得无依无靠。 At first the other boys helped， but when the work got hard， Bob found himself high and dry．起初 有许多孩子帮忙，但是工作难度 加大时，鲍勃发现只剩下自己孤 立无援。 Realizing that he was now left high and dry， the enemy commander became so panicstricken that he began to tremble fr head to foot．敌军看到自己陷入孤立无援的绝境，不禁惊恐万状，浑身打颤。
单词high and dry的英汉对照例句
- Mary was afraid she had left her towel where the tide would reach it, but she found it high and dry.
- One day he just walked out, leaving her high and dry with three children and no means for substance.
- About20 Chinatown garment workers— who said their boss abruptly closed up shop, leaving them high and dry at Christmas— yesterday demanded$40,000 in back pay.
- About20chinatown garment workers? Who said their boss abruptly closed up shop leaving them high and dry at christmas? Yesterday demanded$ 40000in back pay.
- About20chinatown garment workers who said their boss abruptly closed up shop leaving them high and dry at christmas yesterday demanded$ 40000in back pay.
- At first the other boys helped but when the work got hard bob found himself high and dry.
- It thus appeared likely that allstate would leave new jersey.consumers would not be left high and dry however because state law requires allstate to secure alternative coverage for its customers
- That leaves wall street's finest high and dry.
- Their yacht was left high and dry on a sandbank.
提交更多high and dry的相关例句