- n.狂热者,盲信者,入迷者 adj.狂热的,盲信的
- Zeal without knowledge is fanaticism.
- A convinced and fanatical pacifist.
- The heathen temple was torn down by a crowd of religion fanatics.
- Opinion columns bemoan the fanaticism of its youth the remoteness of its rulers and the power of its clerics.
- The revolution was now under the sway of a fanatical leader robespierre.
- B-movie fanatic quentin tarantino crammed guns drugs molls and a killer john travolta into a post-mod molotov cocktail of a plot while slicing the action into shuffled fragments.
- And there on a platform of corn-bags in sanctimonious sidewhiskers and semi-clerical blacks stood alec d' urberville.animalism had yieded to fanaticism and the bold roving eye now gleamed with a ferocious righteousness.
- A rich imagination was also at play.several of the alien abductees were already prone to fanaticizing and also claimed to have seen ghosts and have psychic or healing abilities.
- They were fanatical marxist communists.
- By degrees they sink into the category of the reactionary conservative socialists depicted above differing from these only by more systematic pedantry and by their fanatical and superstitious belief in the miraculous effects of their social science.
- He was stoical serious austere a melancholy dreamer humble and haughty like fanatics.
- Prewar fanaticism of japanese militarism had become centralized embodiment of rightwing though.
- This is what a distinguished19century french mineralogist calls the passion of the pioneer which the goes on to describe as "the blend of an optimism that cannot contemplate failure of a perseverance that is fanatic in its intensity and of a dedication amounting to obsessive concern".
- To this section belong economists philanthropists humanitarians improvers of the condition of the working class organisers of charity members of societies for the prevention of cruelty to animals temperance fanatics hole-and-corner reformers of every imaginable kind.
- Religious fanatics have formed an unholy alliance with right wing groups.