- He went off pompously toward a group of chaperons in one corner and just as the two girls had turned to each other to discuss the possibilities of the secret two old gentlemen bore down on the booth declaring in loud voices that they wanted ten miles of tatting.
- The task of their regiment was to pin down one of the flanks of the invading army.
- He approached the summer-house; unconscious that it was tenanted he sat down on the step.
- He sat down on the bench.
- She set the tea-tray down on the low table in front of the sofa.
- Tallis sat down on the roof of a car buried in the sand.
- Meanwhile the young man had slung on to his person a decidedly shabby upper garment and erecting himself before the blaze looked down on me from the corner of his eyes for all the world as if there were some mortal feud unavenged between us.
- I dared not to go to watch horsed again lighted the half of cigarette left yesterday laid down on the grass bed there was a wall newspaper curtain comfortably.
- A careless step sent rocks tumbling down on the climbers below.
- A tallow candle weighed down one end of it a steel gauntlet the other.
- It's swag so I got it down on the corner.
- The circularly polarized light is then focused down onto the disk.
- Partly this was because the lion's share of assistance went to those who were already at the top of the heap although federal farm programs did help farm operators who were well down on the income scale.
- It is laziness and waywardness however that causes one to give himself up as hopeless and back down on the pretext of "no interest".
- With careful planning and stepped-up surveillance and intelligence gathering the task force cracked down on such premises and prevented quantities of contaminated meat from reaching the market.