- They were awed into silence by the sternness of her voice.
- I have been awed by the devoted spirit of Gothic wood carving.
- The silence awed the boy.
- Stood in awed silence before the shrine; in grim despair and awestruck wonder.
- They were awed into silence by the great man.
- The majesty of the mountains awed us.
- He could not.it was part of his job'to act as a lightning rod for resentments which people were too awed to feel toward the don himself though he had earned them.
- He was awed into silence.