- Gathic avestan was very close to the sanskrit of the indian rig-vedas which can be dated from the period1500-1200bc.
- The eastern dialect of old iranian in which the avesta is written.
- Some scholars have said that the600bc date is still plausible if gathic avestan was actually an artificially preserved sacred language somewhat like latin which continued in literature and rituals thousands of years after it had ceased to be spoken.
- The script in which the ancient persian language of the avesta is written.
- In the avesta the holy book of the religion of zarathustra ahura-mazda was said to have created mithras in order to guarantee the authority of contracts and the keeping of promises.