- n.努力,尝试,企图 vt.尝试,企图
- He attempted to size up the reaction of the audience.
- He attempted to size up the reaction ofthe audience.
- He attempted to sail round the world.
- All his attempts went to naught.
- He has been accused of attempting to stifle political debate.
- He had attempted to smarten himself.
- In an attempt to stamp out poaching the indian government is trialling a scheme that offers poachers a chance to become conservationists-and get paid for it.
- In order to pursue the penetrating power in the van practice of contemporary abstract art of chinese ink and wash my thesis is attempting to analyse and to look forward in the following four aspects.
- Mps attempt to obstruct the passage of the bill.
- When the psychologist attempts to employ statistical methods her encounters the usual obscurantist notion that you can prver anything with statistics.
- In past terms students have written on topics such as dioramas in swedish museums; radio tracking of birds and animals; development of national parks in costa rica; attempts to control indian reservations in the pacific northwest during the19th century both politically and environmentally; and the development of weather forecasting in the caribbean at the end of19th century.
- The problem has been amplified by unseasonally large snowfalls in northern and central china but the root cause is beijing's attempt to reimpose and tighten price controls on numerous commodities such as coal and oil.
- The chinese latitudinarianism attempted to have a resonance with the western civilization but at the level of the spirit they might be not able to spurn the original spirit totem of their own__the father of the movement can allege pull down the confucianism tradition but actually in spite of they can accept but they still couldnt understand the belief something outside the confucianism.
- An abortive attempt to climb mt qomolangma.
- The house action appeared to ring down the curtain on reagan's six-year program of arming rebels in their attempt to topple the ruling nicaraguan sandinistas.