- He ran through the street.
- She only looked vaguely into the street.
- Look out for pedestrians crossing the road across the zigzag lines.
- Just then whistles began to shrill from every direction as more policemen arrived on the scene from the various police stations in the neighbourhood and began to round up the women.
- I eventually got a job as a road sweeper.
- The pupils crossed the street in security at a pedestrian crossing.
- Responding to police action with passive resistance methods-lying down or standing in the middle of the road.
- In the cloth-market for instance all the sellers of material for clothes curtains chaircovers and so on line the roadway on both sides each open fronted shop having a trestle table for display and shelves for storage.
- Cross the full width of the road in one go to the other side or to a traffic island.
- Sometimes a porcupine scuttled across the road.
- Tut-tut said the teacher "you shouldn't cross the street without looking."
- In the fog the man felt for the kerb with his walking-stick.
- It happened on a public road.
- The wood was a remnant of the great forest where robin hood hunted and this riding was an old old thoroughfare coming across country.but now of course it was only a riding through the private wood.the road from mansfield swerved round to the north.
- You need only look across the street at those vociferous ruby on rails gurus to know why that platform is so exciting.