- The runners got into position on the starting line.
- The runners lined up at the start.
- John was able to stay with the leading runner only in the first few loops.
- A runner can lose a lot of advantage by even glancing back to see how far behind the others are.
- The runners were called back because one of them beat the pistol.
- At seventeen he was a big athletic youth a great wrestler and runner.
- Rudolph jordache two-twenty low hurdles went into the locker room and took a shower although he hadn't run enough to work up a sweat.
- The runner in the inside lane has a shorter distance to run.
- The runners started at5-minute intervals.
- Hill a runner is thirty-six.he won his marathon at twenty-three.but he did not get into the big time until four years ago.
- Now he's half a lap ahead of the rest of the runners.
- At the sound of the pistol the runners got off excellently.
- Jim shall stick with the leading runner.
- The runner toed the line ready to start.
- She has loads of natural talent as a runner and with rigorous training she could be a world-beater.