- runner; racer
- The runners set off at a blistering pace.
- The leader is losing ground as the rest of the runners accelerate.
- Runners bunching up at the starting line.
- Her youth gives her an advantage over the other run
- The marathon runner raced ahead in the early stages of the race but he had overplayed his hand and had to drop out exhausted with only three miles to go.
- One of the runners got boxed in on the final bend.
- Even though he tried, he still lagged behind other runners.
- The trainer kneaded the lame muscles of the runner.
- The runner rounded into the homestretch.
- Benson as a beginner almost a year to go through three stages becoming a fit jogger become a recreational runner and then finally becoming a competitive runner.
- A runner in a one-mile race.
- Felt the runner's pulse;
- The funny runner put the sun-glasses on the gun for fun.
- Runners wear shoes with spikes to prevent slipping.
- The runner set off at top speed.