- The girdle made ada look much slimmer.
- It'd be like kissing a soggy beer-mat.
- I like lizzie.becauselizzie is not your typical corseted heroine; she's a fiery character who speaks her mind and feels everything more deeply than most with her touthful enthusiasm.
- A long sleeveless vestment worn over the alb by a priest during services.
- She didn't wear a girdle any more.
- Especially in certain self-pleasing and humourous minds which are so sensible of every restraint as they will go near to think their girdles and garters to be bonds and shackles.
- 2.the Marriage system in the qing dynasty had reflected specialties of multiple-nationalities and comprehensiveness which has not only infiltrated martial cultures of the hannationality and man nationality but also that of other minor nationalities.
- The yankee blockade about the confederate ports had tightened and luxuries such as tea coffee silks whalebone stays colognes fashion magazines and books were scarce and dear.