- to punish
- He was penalized for a foul on the striker eg a free kick was awarded to the striker's team.
- He was penalized for time-wasting.
- He suffered for his offence.
- Clare held out tender protecting arms and together they wandered through the untrodden ways like two children---the world and its retribution quite forgot.
- He always finds a way to wriggle out of punishment.
- To help albert reimburse himself leo allowed him to proclaim a plenary indulgence throughout germany.the faithful were asked to make gifts for the rebuilding of st peter's in rome.
- To help albert reimburse himself leo allowed him to proclaim a plenary indulgence throughout germany.the faithful were asked to make gifts for the rebuilding of st peter's in rome though albert was to keep part of the money.
- In order to accommodate the needs of controlling unit crimes eff ectually and carry out the principle of the responsibility in accord with crime the author brings out the idea of sett ing up independent penalty systemof unit crime.
- To reprimand or punish severely.
- The laws penalize local councils that do not follow central government directives.
- A cold knot came to my middle right where that gun was pointed. I knew now he wasn't running from any speeding ticket.from the sound of that siren the police car was right on our tail.
- An impatient democrat-controlled us congress would dismiss the dialogue as a meaningless talking shop and could reintroduce shelved tariff-raising measures to punish china for its failure to appreciate its currency or reduce its trade surplus with the us.
- Surrounded by phlegethon the fiery river no criminal could ever hope to escape from its punishment.
- An officious traffic warden had decided to give me a parking ticket.
- After party b has discharged its surety liability according to this contract it shall be entitled to request party a to pay back all the money that party b has paid in substitute for party a plus the expenses incurred in realizing its right of subrogation and in addition party a shall pay to party b the interests thereof equivalent to that of bank loan of the same period and the penalty interests as well as a lump sum default fine as much as% of the substitute money.