- to guess
- vt.猜测,推测,猜中,猜对,想,认为 vi.猜,推测 n.猜测,推测
- He went off pompously toward a group of chaperons in one corner and just as the two girls had turned to each other to discuss the possibilities of the secret two old gentlemen bore down on the booth declaring in loud voices that they wanted ten miles of tatting.
- According to archeologists these patterns may have been used for decorating the utensils;
- Then he dreamed that he turned papist of all his dreams the only one we suspect which came through the gate of horn.
- Why had he not thought of this before? He must have been dazed by the noise and stuffiness on the floor of the exchange!
- She guessed bertha's present difficulty and it seemed easily surmountable.
- Clodius guessed her pique and resolved to profit by it.
- She always treated us with suspicion.
- She was involved in working out a puzzle.
- I'm not in the right frame of mind for riddles tana.
- The dusk had come nigh hand completely and as I opened out the cleft between the two peaks I became aware of a wavering glow against the sky where as I judged the man of the island was cooking his supper before a roaring fire.
- Well I guess you can't be around that much niceness and not get any on you.
- So wilson mooned around thinking and guessing day and night and arriving nowhere.
- I cannot see what flowers are at my feetnor what softincensehangs upon the boughsbut in embalmed darkness guesseachsweetwherewith the seasonable month endowsthe grass the thicketandthe fruit-tree wild; white hawthorn and the pastoraleglantine; fastfading violets coverd up in leaves; and mid-mayseldest childthecoming musk-rose full of dewy winethe murmuroushaunt of flies onsummer eves.
- Supporting this conjecture is the discovery that the monsoon lows over the summer continents are not always evident as persistent features on the daily synoptic charts.
- Some commentators surmise that the mithraists worshipped mithras as the mediator between man and the supreme god of the upper and nether world.