[ōu pèi kè]
Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries
- This week as opec geared itself up for its birthday feast mr.yamani surfaced as banquo's ghost complete with doom-laden predictions. "Opec" he said "has a very short memory."
- The setting up of an international cartel like the oil producers'opec.
- Opec oil prices drop to new low.
- A year ago the contrast between the paris-based iea and opec was far less marked.
- The four-fold increase in oil prices imposed by opec.
- To hear opec members talk you might think that serious price relief is on the way.there is discussion of managing prices down through a newish price mechanism.
- Opec production quotas will almost certainly not be changed.
- If the price of a basket of seven opec crudes stays below$ 22for20trading days the cartel is supposed to cut prod uction by5 00000 barrels a day.
- Opec is still skating on thin ice.