a bit too much
over the top (you exaggerate)
- n.小块,少量,片刻,马嚼子,辅币 vt.上马嚼子,控制 vbl.咬 n.[计]位,比特
- n.顶部,顶端,极点,顶蓬,陀螺,(常用复数)根菜植物的叶子,上部,盖子 adj.最高的,顶上的,头等的 vt.盖,戴,高耸,达到顶端,截去(植物)顶端,高过,超越 vi.结束,完成,胜过
- That would be over-reacting.some people are more prone to anxiety that's all. It's genetic.
- It wasn't manly to wish for such indulgences.
- We think it's hard cheese on tony.
- Another greybeard known as the wise old man saw them and said derisively "how silly of you to do this! It is quite impossible for you few to dig up these two huge mountains."
- To do a good deed a day consciously savours of priggishness.
- "It's quite ungallant of you not to think that I might get hurt too" she said tartly.
- Monsieur the mayor said the bishop "and messieurs citizens I perceive that I shock you.you think it very arrogant in a poor priest to ride an animal which was used by jesus christ.
- Anthony: hold on a minute. You're jumping the gun mary.
- But in that early severity of the puritan character an inference of this kind could not so indubitably be drawn.
- 2. He's a gay-basher. 3. He's a white supremacist. 4. He's a bigot.5.ageism is a form of discrimination. 6. That's a sweeping statement. 7. You're being stereotypical.8.one rotten apple does not spoil the whole bunch.
- I'm not a member of the church of england myself therefore it would be rather impertinent of me to express an opinion.
- My only point is that it has been a pyrrhic victory.
- Pennies saved one and two at a time by bulldozing the grocer and the vegetable man and the butcher until one's cheeks burned with the silent imputation of parsimony that such c; ose dea; ing implied.
- These sentences are unusually harsh for japan where white-collar crime typically carries a suspended term.
- On the whole it's a good book; and it would be nitpicking to dwell on those small defects.