- to espy
- n.班点,污点,地点,场所,现场 v.沾污,弄脏,侦察 vt.认出,发现
- From his bed he could see the great cumulus clouds that hung in the blue sky.
- In the distance we saw the majestic rocky maintains.
- I look up and saw smoke coming from over there on the knoll.
- On one side you look across the bowling green behind the house to a beautiful hanging wood.
- So that from one man who was near to death came children in number as the stars in heaven or as the sand by the seaside which may not be numbered.
- Only she began to be afraid of the ghastly white tombstones that peculiar loathsome whiteness of carrara marble detestable as false teeth which stuck up on the hillside under tevershall church and which she saw with such grim painfulness from the park.
- "Only she began to be afraid of the ghastly white tombstones that peculiar loathsome whiteness of carrara marble detestable as false teeth which stuck up on the hillside under tevershall church and which she saw with such grim painfulness from the park."
- You can see the octaves leap from one tower to another; you watch them spring forth winged light and whistling from the silver bell to fall broken and limping from the bell of wood;
- Gradually however vague outlines began to take form and to fix themselves in his meditation and he was able to catch a glimpse with precision of the reality--not the whole situation but some of the details.
- I saw the bright altair and the two adjacent stars in the sky in a unclouded summer night.
- No one can stand very near the crashing sweeps of a windmill in half a gale without a tightening of the heart--a feeling comparable to that which comes from watching the waves break over a wall in a storm.
- All within hearing immediately turned about and beheld the semblance of mr.hooper pacing slowly his meditative way towards the meetinghouse.
- I don't want to see you out in the open.
- I have a yen for mountains and snow.
- However that may be there are on earth men who--are they men perceive distinctly at the verge of the horizons of revery the heights of the absolute and who have the terrible vision of the infinite mountain.