[sā hā lā yǐnán]
- Caroline gamache: "many mothers deliver at home in sub-saharan africa and it's very difficult for them to get to a hospital or clinic which may be miles away in that time period. And so we are proposing to give this pouch to mothers in their first or second trimester when they come in for their first antenatal care visit. And then they would take the pouch home and they'd have it at their hands at the time of delivery."
- Dr ungar and his colleagues used powerful microscopes to scan the surface of seven fossilised molars belonging to the species paranthropus boisei a hominid that lived in sub-saharan africa between 1.4m and 2.3m years ago and which became popularly known as "nutcracker man" owing to its enormous jaws and thickly enamelled teeth.
- Farmers in sub-saharan africa now use only about9kg of fertiliser per hectare on average compared with142kg in south-east asia.
- Census training programme in sub-saharan africa;
- Project on sub-saharan hydrological assessment in africa;
- From loud barks to thunderous booms hornbill cries resound across a range that extends from the dry savannas of sub-saharan africa to the lush forests of melanesia.