- to be unsure
unsure [ʌn'ʃuә(r); (-) -'ʃuәr]
- 作者似乎拿不定主意是写喜剧还是写悲剧, 致使这个剧非驴非马
- The author seems uncertain whether he is writing a comedy or a tragedy, so the play falls between two stools.
- She was undecided (about) whether she should accept his offer.
- 你那样拿不定主意, 我实在无法与你合作。
- I can't work with you hovering over me like that.
- He's still hesitating about joining/over whether to join the expedition.
- She stood in the doorway, unable to decide whether to go in.
- For weeks Jack vacillated between a home in Memphis and one in Little Rock.
- For forty-eight hours hayward lived in an agony of indecision.
- Stories about unwitting punters rubbing an itchy nose only to discover that the v had bought an unwanted chamber pot ate apocryphal.
- Not after you ordered three kinds of pasta because I couldn't decide.