- to be jealous of
- His mind was charged with taboos.
- I admit my responsibility to you twelve-year-old girl he thought since at that time I jumped into the water without a single misgiving carefree as a little duck not yet knowing how to understand and care about the suffering in this world.
- He took another mouthful of whisky.
- It seemed to her now that she could marry him without the remnant of a scruple.
- She had high animal spirits and a sort of natural self-consequence which the attentions of the officers to whom her uncle's good dinners and her own easy manners recommended her had increased into assurance.
- The enemy's jackals-the peace preservation corps and the landlords'levies-ran amuck and white terror raged throughout the towns and countryside.
- I turn to the men: gentlemen make conquest rob each other of your well-beloved without remorse.
- When one reads a number of good authors and feels that one author describes things very vividly that another shows great tenderness of delicacy a third expresses things exquisitely a fourth has an indescribable charm a fifth one's writing is like good whiskey a sixth one's is like mellow wine he should not be afraid to say that he likes them and appreciates them if only his appreciation is genuine.
- The mention of the dinner dispelled miss stepney's last scruples.
- Most blind beliefs in heretical ideas and various taboos originate in some religious mentality.
- An outlet for healthy and unhampered action; a priest unhampered by scruple; the new stock market was unhampered by tradition.
- The person that envy accordingly should change the individual character of tolerance stricture above all want catholic self-surrender is first make oneself can have good self-restraint and exalted moral quality.
- There was whiskey on a side table but he had made some sort of promise to himself and hagen that he wouldn't drink.
- The wanton violence during sierra leone's11-year civil war was exceptionally barbaric.
- Spread the baked cake with cheese filling and roll it up.put the swiss roll in the refrigerator to chill for30minutes.cut the swiss roll into pieces before serving.