- ancient painted pottery; painted pottery; faience ware; decorated pottery; faience pottery
- Faience: tin-glazed earthenware made in france germany spain and scandinavia similar to faenza majolica for which it was named.
- "Faience: tin-glazed earthenware made in france germany spain and scandinavia similar to faenza majolica for which it was named."
- The surface glossiness of ceramic ware after glazing especially the metallic sheen of lusterware.
- Pottery made from a porous clay that is fired at relatively low temperatures. Faience delft and majolica are examples of earthenware.
- Faience tiles first made in the early dynasties were used to decorate the walls of the subterranean chambers of the pyramids.in the new kingdom polychrome tiles with floral designs were used in houses and palaces.