- to depose (a king)
- The deposed chief was restored (to power/to his throne).
- The Prime Minister was dethroned by the President.
- The head of state was deposed by the army.
- To deprive of position rank or authority; depose.
- Cronus a titan who ruled the universe until dethroned by his son zeus.
- If the king does not abdicate he will have to be dethroned.
- A titan who ruled the universe until dethroned by his son zeus.
- The dynasty declined in the century following his reign pressed by the ottoman empire and the mughal dynasty and fell when a weak shah tahmasp ii was deposed by his general ndir shah.