- lofty peak
lofty [lɔfti; (-) 'lɔ:fti]
- The election defeat puts the party leader in a vulnerable position.
- The vitality of the movement is threatened.
- 这商行已陷入岌岌可危的境地, 可能要破产了。
- The firm is in dire straits (ie in a very difficult situation) and may go bankrupt.
- Our financial situation is still precarious if we postpone the release of the new product.
- Even japan now into its third ageing decade may be vulnerable while some eurozone countries although sheltered from currency turbulence may yet falter in their deflation commitments and compromise the integrity of the single currency as we know it.
- Ruth's life was endangered by cancerous cells at large in her body.
- Inter's position in the most recent telephone interception scandal has become more critical after the confession of a former telecom manager.
- This disequilibrium in capital ownership is not only unfair it keeps us poor justifies big government welfare give-away programs and makes the survival of democracy precarious by subsidizing the creation of an ever growing permanent largely criminal underclass.
- The telephone service was in a precarious state.
- Germany and the turks both saw in the senussi the possibility of opening a second front against the british which would make it quite impossible for them to defeat the turks in damascus and palestine.
- It was touch and go for a while there...