- "The daughter of m.de villefort by his first marriage" replied the young wife "a fine well-grown girl."
- "She was a tenderhearted creature who sympathized with everyone."
- "She said I'd become unemployable!"
- She is too darn outspoken
- There was the least quaver in her voice as she said this.
- She exclaimed turning to him a determined countenance upon which was drawn a sharp and wrathful sneer.
- "Sweet of you" she replied and she smiled as she left the scullery.
- It is very strange she said with a sudden access of womanlike trembling and agitation which seemed out of place in this awful woman.
- Oh what are you talking about exclaimed the young lady.she rose to her feet and gazed upon him round-eyed.
- "In the villages where they're coming from they're just viewed as basically throw-away children" she said.
- ... She was an only child.
- ... It even occurred to me that some enamoured maidservant had stolen in to keep a tryst with her sweetheart.
- ... That I saw her at tuskegee...
- -Yes at herself-who stood on the scaffold of the pillory an infant on her arm and the letter a in scarlet fantastically embroidered with gold thread upon her bosom!
- Such loss of faith is ever one of the saddest results of sin.be it accepted as a proof that all was not corrupt in this poor victim of her own frailty and man's hard law that hester prynne yet struggled to believe that no fellow-mortal was guilty like herself.