- gullywasher; downpour; cloudburst; severe storm; heavy storm
- n.暴风雨,暴风雪 v.狂怒咆哮 [军] Sensor,Tank,Off-Route Mine,路外反坦克雷传感器
- adj.重的,繁重的,巨大的,沉重的,阴沉的 adv.沉重地,笨重地,大量地 n.重物,严肃角色
- The mesoscale convective cloud cluster features of a severe torrential rain caused by southwest vortex
- The southeast low-air jet accompanying the tropical cyclone transported plenty of heat and moisture for the storm the low-level heating and wetting weakeed the stability of the air and the weak cool air intruded from the low-level and stimulated the convection thus leading to the heavy storm.
- Rain in central henan province in the upper reaches of the river is pushing the third flood peak of the year towards wangjiaba a crucial hydrological station in anhui the local drought prevention and flood control office said yesterday.
- In this paper two methods were applied to calculate the pmp of the basin between benzilan and the hutiao gorge dam of the hutiao gorge hydro-power station: the combined storm maximization and the local storm maximization.
- The results show that the event is directly affected by the formation and evolution of southwest vortex and mcc cloud cluster which locate in the intersection region of the upper-level jet and the low-level jet.
- However one official admits that although cloud seeding could be effective in preventing light rain on aug.8 it could not curb the onset of a moderate to heavy storm.
- The bus was delayed by a cloudburst.
- Research on vertical section of shear vorticity and diabatic heating with wuhan torrential rain in1998
- The results show that the heavy storm was caused by the interaction between a tropical cyclone trough that landed in guangdong province and a weak cool front in the westerlies.
- So cisk is another mechanism for torrentioal rain and mesoscale vortex development.
- The san fernando valley was clear and beautitul...
- It was the vane on the roof turning round and this change in the wind was the signal for a disastrous rain.