[tǎ fū tuō]
- Lorado /Oredo/Taft 塔夫脱；William Howard Taft 塔夫脱
- And because of the enmity and politics befurcation between theodore roosevelt and president taft the complexion became more complicated. Roosevelt at last broke away from republican party established the progressive party which confronted republican party and took part in the president election in1912.the abruption of republic party and the appearance of the progressive party reflected the grandness of the reformational faction then.
- They quarrel with taft over the terms of a bill to strengthen the powers of the interstate commerce commission.
- Taft aldrich and cannon conferred in march1910and formulated a plan of attack.
- Taft embarked in september1909upon a13000-mile speaking tour from boston to the west coast to assuage the popular discontent.
- Taft concluded an executive agreement with the prime minister taro katsura on july251905.
- Conservatives generally were sure that taft would align himself with the old guard in congress.
- Unhappily taft was temperamentally unfitted to play the role that history demanded.
- Miss taft's behavior improved after her demotion.
- Taft continued stubbornly to defend him and thus exacerbated popular discontent.
- After the winona address midwesterners were certain that taft had deserted to the old guard.