- unpleasant talk
- Candice: hey brian. Don't bad-mouth me!
- You can make critical comments about him but please don't call him names.
- He will flatter one person and speak badly of him.
- They run him down behind his back.
- Casting reflections on others is her besetting sin.
- I disdain speaking ill of others.
- I never said a word against your family so don't get on your high house with me.
- To speak no ill to do no harm to practise restraint according to the fundamental precepts to be moderate in eating to live in seclusion to devote oneself to higher consciousness this is the teaching of the buddhas.
- But it hurt him rather than helped for everyone was appalled that even a poor white should say such shocking things about a lady of good family even when the lady was conducting herself in such an unwomanly way.
- He's a small farmer not a big planter and if the boys thought enough of him to elect him lieutenant then it's not for any darky to talk impudent about him.
- A hearkener always hears a bad tale of himself.
- It's shabby to speak ill of others behind their backs.
- The needle will turn all the bad wordsh they shay into good wordsh.
- Issin to wish me thus forsworn or to dispraise my lord with that same tongue which she hath praised him with above compare so many thousand times?
- Is it more sin to wish me thus forsworn or to dispraise my lord with that same tongue which she hath praised him with above compare so many thousand times?