- onomat. quack
also pr. ga1 ga5, ga2 ga5 etc
- Her chipper sound bobbish melody and jocose lyric her innocent manner while she hugging her child and playing with her child like playing a seesaw mixed with the creaky laugh of her child together poppled in this small adobe.
- The lights were nearly all extinguished in the passages the iron gates were being closed with a jar and a rattle and the dismal place was deserted until to-morrow morning's interest of gallows pillory whipping-post and branding-iron should repeople it.
- A leaf.one may rattle the keys gurgle down a swallow.
- The shutter rattled in the wind.
- The driveway gravel crunched underneath our sneakers.
- A rapid succession of short percussive sounds.
- A device such as a baby's toy that produces short percussive sounds.
- The constant whine of the machine nearly drove me crazy.
- The windlass creaked slowly as the rope wound up each creak bringing the bucket nearer the top.
- The bird gave a startled squawk.
- And I hear the darkies coming home across the fields at dusk tired and singing and ready for supper and the sound of the windlass as the bucket goes down into the cool well.
- A duck says@ quack quack@
- Here a quack there a quack every where a quack-quack.
- All doors screak as long as the wind blows in.
- At last far up the road she heard the protesting screech of unoiled axles and the slow uncertain plodding of hooves.