[gā zī shēng]
- start-up groan
- A cart rattled past (us).
- I bet it made a crunchy sound.
- As he walked along the path through the field he could hear the squish of the damp ground beneath his boots.
- As the hikers walked down the path by the house she could hear the squelch of their boots in the mud.
- With an almost occult carefulness he turned the door handle and opened the door an inch.
- Quickly the trickle becomes a flood of glistening linseed oil as the beam sinks earthwards taut and protesting its creaks blending with the squeaking and rumbling of the grinding wheels and the occasional grunts and sighs of the camels.