Chinese-English Translation of 乞求
- to beg
Chinese-English Translation Examples of 乞求
- The prisoner besought the judge for mercy/to be merciful.
- They had to beg alms (of others) in order to feed their children.
- She besought his forgiveness.
- He appealed to the judge for clemency.
- She would have stretched out her arms to implore freedom of Argus, but that she had no arms to stretch out and her voice was a bellow.
- The calling down of a curse.
- He thinks it's a shame to beg others for alms.
- He conjured us with his dying breath to look after his son.
- The vagrant had to beg for money.
- Common people do not pray; they only beg.
- As she passed on down the lane he came after her, imploring forgiveness and offering redemption.
- It was beneath me to beg.
- He had an imploring look in his eyes as I opened the bar of chocolate.
- To try to influence as by insistent arguments; importune or entreat.
- Your concentration camp physique begs to differ.