- pack; deck; pair; set
- n.包裹,<贬>一群,一副,背包,包装 vt.包装,捆扎,塞满,压紧,挑选 vi.包装货物,挤,群集,被包装 背包
- n.甲板,舰板,覆盖物,一副(纸牌) vt.装饰,修饰,打扮,装甲板
- v.放,置,移动到,使(人或事物处于某种状态),提出,树立,规定,调整;n.一套,一副,一批,接受机,装置,趋势,布景;adj.固定的,规定的,坚决的,固执的,事先做好的;Secure Electronics Transations Protocol,安全电子商务协议
- I've always acted so prissy and ladylike and touch-me-not around him he probably thinks I don't care a thing about him except as a friend.
- I've always acted so prissy and ladylike and touch-me-not around him he probably thinks I do n't care a thing about him except as a friend.
- A poor soul gone to heaven: and on a heath beneath winking stars a fox red reek of rapine in his fur with merciless bright eyes scraped in the earth listened scraped up the earth listened scraped and scraped.
- A pair of gold-rimmed reading glasses.
- A pair of kid gloves.
- A pair of spectacles tights scissors compasses
- The man stood watching from the edge of the palm trees.he couldn't take his eyes off the dark-haired woman he saw standing at the water's edge gazing out to sea as though she was waiting for something--or someone.
- A nasty little man smarmy and obsequious.
- A friendly look with the wrong facial expression can turn into an unfriendly stare and nervousness may be wrongly understood as unfriendliness.
- Say the word'cactus'and many people get a mental picture of a thick straight up trunk with rounded tip and sturdy branches curving to the vertical in a candelabra effect.
- The proprietress came panting up red in the face carrying the lights of a pig.she was scuttling along like a thief afraid to be caught and hauled off to the yamen.
- The only thing he ever take out on a moonlit night is his upper plate.
- Disclosing a rude bow and arrow
- Whenever a new play was performed you could be sure of seeing her there with three things which she always had with her and which always occupied the ledge of her box in the stalls: her opera-glasses a box of sweets and a bunch of camellias.
- Shall we play at cards?