- a while
also pr. yi1 hui3 r5
- Sit back for a minute and think about how to do next.
- The voice of a "ranter" triumphantly consigning a barnful of rustics to eternal damnation caused tess to pause a moment in a doorway and there on a platform of corn-bags in sanctimonious sidewhiskers and semi-clerical blacks stood alec d'urberville.
- A moment later geppetto came back holding a spelling book in his hand
- In a moment he had cleared the wire fence of the railway station stepped across the tramway and arrived on the cement pavement of the street outside.
- Progressing by cart wheeling and rolling.
- On a bit of lawn under a tree.
- Soon they arrived in the operating theatre.
- Moments later she was gone.
- The significance of a remark in the listener's mind is often like a strange cat which enters the room without making a sound.you don't notice its presence until it gives a "mew."
- Already it was deep summer on roadhouse roofs and in front of wayside garages where new red gas-pumps sat out in pools of light and when I reached my estate at west egg I ran the car under its shed and sat for a while on an abandoned grass roller in the yard.
- A temporary hex to change someone into a giant canary.after a few moments the transfigured person molts back into themselves.
- The doctor asked bob to take things easy for a while.
- You do have an oven you know.we can reheat.
- It was touch and go for a while there...
- Soon after the lugger doubled the point and disappeared.