- in a short while
all at once
all of a sudden
- n.简略,短路,短裤 adj.短的,矮的,不足的,不够的,(智力等)弱的,浅薄的,松脆的,简短 adv.突然,缺乏,不足
- And even shoes and coats when they are to be furnished in large quantities at once as for the supply of a regiment or of a workhouse are usually obtained not directly from the producers but from intermediate dealers who make it their business to ascertain from what producers they can be obtained best and cheapest.
- They threaten to cancel the whole project at a stroke.
- He soon sinks to the bottom.
- He ripped the letter open with a knife.
- She considered me for a moment or two reached for her opera-glasses to get a better look and clearly thought she recognized me though without being able to say positively who I was.
- She performed a somersault with ease ie easily.
- Tony has crashed fast cars jumped from burning building been swept down rapids. "A stunt man" he says "needs to have a guardian angel."
- I didn't mean to let the dog out but he shot past me as quick as lightning when I opened the door to the postman.
- Apparently what happened was that water collected on these tar pits and the bigger animals like the elephants ventured out on to the apparently firm surface to drink and were promptly bogged in the tar.and then when they were dead the carnivores like the saber-toothed cats and the giant wolves came out to feed and suffered exactly the same fate.
- Immediately the fires which smoldered beneath tight basques flamed wildly and the two organizations split up and glared hostilely.the sewing circle was in favor of the removal of the weeds the ladies of the beautification were violently opposed.
- There had been a drought in summer one year and no crops could survive.it happened that ma wu's army was defeated and had to retreat to the wilds.
- John came up with the ship hand over head the moderate breeze giving him an advantage.
- This chaotic political climate precipitated the dark times that overcame the galaxy.
- It will pass away soon enough.
- At last at last.he had come so far.so far.and he lay upon her perfectly formed and unalterably complete in his love for her.